The Macomb Bar / CDAM Partnership provides Macomb County Assigned Counsel UNLIMITED MIDC approved CLE for FREE
- All Macomb Bar / CDAM trainings are Michigan Indigent Defense (MIDC) approved.
- Attorneys with less than two years experience are required to complete 16 hours of SKILLS training and 12 ANNUAL hours to be eligible for appointments.
- Attorneys with more than two years experience are required to complete a minimum of 12 ANNUAL hours.
- CLE hours are recorded annually, January 1 through December 31.
- CLE hours cannot be banked or carried over to the next calendar year.
- All attorneys begin at 0 hours on January 1.
- Attorneys that complete training from training providers other than Macomb Bar / CDAM are responsible for providing the Macomb Bar with copy of certificate of completion. It is advised to confirm that trainings are MIDC approved before taking the training.
2021 Upcoming Criminal Seminars
2021 Skills Training Via Zoom (Evidence Boot Camps and Skills Training)
Information and How to Register
Macomb County Assigned Counsel / Public Defenders are eligible for all Macomb Bar / CDAM trainings at no cost.
Registration is through the CDAM website and the Macomb Assigned Counsel Registration Password is required. Contact Rick Troy at RTroy@macombbar.org or Dawn Fraylick at DFraylick@macombbar.org for registration instructions and registration passwords.
Evdence Boot Camp D (In Person)
Friday, September 24, 2021 from 9-5pm
Oakland County Bar Association
1760 S. Telegraph Rd #100, Bloomfield Twp
REGISTRATION CODE: 7EBCD2021
Click here to learn more about Marshall
Hands-on small group Skills Training $240: $30 per CLE Skills Training Hour (8)
Evidence Boot Camp B (Via Zoom)
Friday, October 1, 2021
REGISTRATION CODE: 8EBCB2021
Hands-on small group training limited to 16 attorneys. $240: $30 per CLE
Skills Training Hour (8)
Faculty: Thomas C. Cranmer and Edward A. Bajoka
Zoom Webinar - A Study in Firearms & Ballistics
Friday, October 15, 2021
$60.00/2 CLE Hours
by Christopher Robinson
REGISTRATION CODE: MACOMB21
Skills Training 101: In Person at Oakland County Bar Association
October 21, 2021, 9am-5pm
October 22, 2021, 9am-5pm
Oakland County Bar Association
1760 S. Telegraph Rd #100, Bloomfield Twp.
REGISTRATION CODE: OCBAMCBA
Limited to 16 attorneys. In this small group, hands-on training attorneys will learn about arraignments, attorney-client relationships, probable cause, preliminary examinations, Circuit Court motions, and more!
Evidence Boot Camp C (In Person)
Friday, October 29, 2021
Location: Genesee County TBD
REGISTRATION CODE: 10EBCD2021
Bernie Jocuns and Glenn Simmington
A is for Attorney (In Person at Fall Conference)
Thursday, November 11, 2021
9:30am-5:30pm: 8 CLE Skill Training Hours
IN PERSON at the Boyne Mountain
1 Boyne Mountain, Boyne Falls, MI
REGISTRATION CODE: MACOMB22
$240 ($30 per credit hour)
Breakfast, lunch, and afternoon snack included.
Registrations after Friday, November 5, 2021 are not guaranteed a written set of printed materials.
Lisa Kirsch-Satawa and James R. Samuels
Open to all but targeted toward those with 3 or less years experience. 8 MIDC approved CLE Skill Training hours will be accrued
CDAM Fall Conference (In Person)
CDAM / Macomb Bar Evidence Boot Camp B (In Person)
Execusively for Macomb Assigned Counsel / Public Defender
If you have participated in a seminar in the past, either in person or by video, that particular seminar will not count towards the required 12 annual hours. In other words, no repeats.