Print Page   |   Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   Register
Juveile Neglect
Share |
CSS Rollovers
Juvenile Neglect

The Family Independence Agency is responsible for investigating reports of suspected child abuse and neglect. Michigan's Child Protection Law defines child abuse and neglect as harm or threatened harm to a child's health or welfare by a parent, legal guardian or any other person responsible for the child's health or welfare.

Referral Process

A referral of child abuse and or neglect can be made by any person including a child, who has reasonable cause to suspect child abuse or neglect may report the matter to the Family Independence Agency or any law enforcement agency. The information in a CPS (Child Protective Services) complaint needs to be provided by the individual who actually has observed the alleged victim or had contact with the child regarding the complaint.

Membership Management Software Powered by YourMembership  ::  Legal